E8 Security is a fast growing technology startup led by experienced management team and visionary entrepreneurs. Our big data security analytics helps enterprises defend themselves against continual growth of sophisticated cyber criminals. We are building a breakthrough platform that can ingest, model and analyze massive flow of machine generated security data using cutting edge machine learning algorithms and massively scalable big data platforms.
- You will be responsible for the scope, design and development of critical backend components in the product.
- Lead the design discussions with key stakeholders; drive the discussion to conclusions and actions.
- You will have responsibility of developing key platform features that supports large-scale data ingestion, feature extraction, model development and scoring systems built on Apache Hadoop and related big data technologies
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- You will write new design documents and/or append current, to reflect the latest implementations.
- You will be responsible for writing unit tests and execute on developer level testing before handing over the code to QA.
- Ability to work with agile methodology under a fast pace work environment
- Providing prompt resolutions to customer reported issues.
- 7+ years of minimum experience in building enterprise software using Java with excellent design skills
- Must have experience with big data and distributed system technologies including Hadoop, HBase, ElasticSearch, Spark, Impala.
- Strong hands-on development experience with Spark transformations such as map, filter, groupByKey and reduceByKey.
- Strong knowledge of Spark RDD/Dataframe join performance optimization and shuffle tuning, Broadcast variables and Accumulators, and Kryo Serialization.
- Must have proven experience with design, development and delivery of mission critical software products for large enterprises.
- Strong experience in Java, Python, Spark and Scala.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases. Specifically, Mongodb, Cassandra, RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres), RedShift.
- Experience of identity and access management solutions, LDAP, OAuth, OpenID, SAML, JWT, MFA technologies.
- Experience with Agile development methodology, test driven development, Git and CI/CD processes.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, software design. Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
- Deep knowledge of Amazon Web Services ecosystem.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes/Docker, Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper and message queue technology.
- Knowledge of monitoring, benchmarking, diagnostic and performance optimization tools.
- Knowledge of distributed systems (design and development).
- Working with data at the petabyte scale.
- Having security background is a big plus.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Commitment to proper Software Engineering – Test Driven Development, Documentation, Code reviews, etc.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Ph.D is a plus.