E8 Security is a fast growing technology startup led by experienced management team and visionary entrepreneurs. Our big data security analytics helps enterprises defend themselves against continual growth of sophisticated cyber criminals.
The Sr. Test Engineer will automate existing test cases, and work on developing automation test suites and other QA tools. They will own end-to-end test deliverables for services, features and components, and integrate the automation test suite with continuous integration (CI) systems, such as Jenkins. They will also help different teams in setting up test environments, servers, etc., to reproduce and fix issues. This position includes running sanity, regression, performance and security test suites on a regular basis, and logging bugs, in addition to planning, researching, recommending, and using new technologies as required. Lastly, this position requires effective communication and collaboration with the rest of the QA, research, and development teams.
- 4+ years of QA experience with automated testing of big data and/or analytics systems
- Experience developing software or test automation in Python and Selenium
- Experience using tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS, Solr, and Impala
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate strong ability to work effectively in team environment
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and quick learner, and possess analytical skills
- Must be able to work with agile methodology in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience testing scalable, distributed big data systems.
- Working knowledge of bug tracking tools (e.g., Atlassian Jira)
- Amazon EC2 and AWS skills is preferred
- A security background is a big plus
Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent. Master’s degree is a plus.