Who We Want
We are looking for an individual who brings strong enterprise software development and design experience preferably in the space of security and big data analytics; We are looking for an exceptional team player who is passionate about solving cyber security challenges with big data and machine learning technologies. You will be responsible for the design and development of critical backend features. You will be working with cross functional teams and other key stakeholders. Your ability to extend the product architecture to shorten the time to market, developing features per requirements from product management as well as customer feedback is critical for this role.
We are a fast growing startup backed by top-tier venture capital firm, and led by experienced management team and visionary entrepreneurs. E8’s big data security analytics helps enterprises defend themselves against continual growth of sophisticated cyber criminals. We are building a breakthrough platform that can ingest, model and analyze massive flow of machine generated security data.
- You will be responsible for the scope, design and development of critical backend components in the product.
- Lead the design discussions with key stakeholders; drive the discussion to conclusions and actions.
- You will have responsibility of developing key platform features that supports large-scale data ingestion, feature extraction, model development and scoring systems built on hadoop and related technologies
- Participate in design discussion and code reviews
- You will write new design documents and/or append current to reflect the latest implementations.
- You will be responsible for writing unit test and developer level testing before handing over the code to QA.
- Ability to work with agile methodology under a fast pace work environment
- Providing prompt resolutions to customer reported issues.
- 10 years of minimum experience in building enterprise software using Java with excellent design skills
- Must have experience with big data and distributed system technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Solr, Spark, Impala.
- Must have proven experience with design, development and delivery of mission critical software products
- Experience in Pig, Python, Scala.
- Sound knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases
- Solid experience in performance optimization, in depth understanding of schedulers, data pipelines & processing, workload management, availability, scalability of distributed data platforms
- Having security background is a big plus.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent team work.
- Excellent problem solver, analytical skills and quick learner.
- Must have a bachelors of engineering degree in computer science (or equivalent). Masters is a plus.