Who We Want
We are looking for a skilled and motivated individual who brings solid Java development experience in the space of security and big data analytics. We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving cybersecurity challenges with big data and machine learning technologies. This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for the API development as well as backend, by extending and maintaining existing Restful API and backend framework. Your ability to extend the current framework for faster development and to shorten the time-to-market is critical for this role.
- Scope, design and the development of the RESTful APIs and backend features for a large-scale data ingest and security analytics platform, built on Hadoop and Big Data technologies
- Working with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and data science
- Document the content for consuming APIs
- Writing unit tests to ensure higher quality
- Resolve bugs during QA testing for pre-production release
- Provide prompt resolutions and bug fixes to customer reported issues
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on Java experience in building enterprise software in the space of Big Data Analytics
- At least 2 years experience in API development with REST style Web Services
- Must have experience with big data and distributed system technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Solr, Spark, Impala
- Experience in Pig, Python, Scala is a plus
- Experience working with API authentication models is a plus
- Familiarity with the API technology landscape and API management vendor’s landscape
- Experience with Agile Development & SCRUM
- Background in security is a big plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and quick learner
- Must have a bachelors of engineering degree in computer science (or equivalent). Masters is a plus.