E8 Security is a fast growing technology startup led by experienced management team and visionary entrepreneurs. Our big data security analytics helps enterprises defend themselves against continual growth of sophisticated cyber criminals. We are building a breakthrough platform that can ingest, model and analyze massive flow of machine generated security data using cutting edge machine learning algorithms and massively scalable big data platforms.
We are looking for an individual who brings strong enterprise software development and Quality Engineering / Cloud DevOps experience, preferably in the space of security and big data analytics. We are looking for an exceptional team player who is passionate about solving cyber security challenges with big data and machine learning technologies. You will be responsible for the design and development of critical QE and Cloud DevOps features. You will be working with cross functional teams and other key stakeholders. Your ability to extend the product architecture to shorten the time to market, developing features per requirements from product management as well as customer feedback is critical for this role.
As a senior Cloud DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for molding scalable tools, infrastructure and processes that enable engineers to develop, test, debug and release software quickly. You live and love DevOps and will closely partner and collaborate with technical teams to effectively automate and accelerate delivering products and changes. You will apply your expertise of broad software technologies, and open source tools to solve devops platform challenges, push technology forward and be always one step ahead in development platforms, new functionality and APIs.
- 7+ years of Quality Engineering and Cloud DevOps experience with automated testing of big data and/or analytics systems
- Experience developing software or test automation in Python and Selenium
- Experience using tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS, Solr / ElasticSearch and Impala.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of Microservices and decoupled systems architecture.
- Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Provisioning and configuration management tools (Kubernetes/Docker/Puppet/Ansible/Chef)
- Strong understanding of Python and Linux operating system
- Network administration (Routing, Firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Must be able to work with agile methodology in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and quick learner, and possess analytical skills
- Experience testing scalable, distributed big data systems.
- Working knowledge of bug tracking tools (e.g., Atlassian Jira)
- Amazon EC2 and AWS skills
- Having security background is a big plus.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Commitment to proper Software Engineering – Test Driven Development, Documentation, Code reviews, etc.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Ph.D is a plus.