E8 Security is a fast growing technology startup led by experienced management team and visionary entrepreneurs. Our big data security analytics helps enterprises defend themselves against continual growth of sophisticated cyber criminals. We are seeking a Data Science leader who will help us in building a breakthrough platform that can ingest, model and analyze massive flow of machine generated security data using cutting edge machine learning algorithms and massively scalable big data platforms.
We are looking for creative, solution-oriented, Security Data Scientist with deep expertise and extensive experience using advanced analytical methods, machine learning and data mining techniques in cyber security domain.
- You will be responsible for growing, managing and setting the direction for E8’s team of talented and experienced data scientists.
- Define, architect and implement highly efficient data pipelines to extract key features and derive signals using very large data sets.
- You have Industry recognition and pioneering ability conducting cyber security research using advance machine learning techniques in the areas of threat detection, malware analysis, zero-day and APT analysis, vulnerability research and user and entity behavioral analytics.
- You have an expert understanding of cyber security trends and technologies (protocols, transports and enterprise security tools such as Splunk, LogRyhthm, Splunk, ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) for log aggregation and operational intelligence, CyberArk, Phantom Security Orchestration, and ServiceNow).
- You have extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches such as supervised/un-supervised learning methods, machine learning, anomaly detection, hypothesis testing, modeling and analysis
- You have a deliberate bias for working on prototypes and solutions over theoretical academic research.
- You will lead the design discussions with key stakeholders; drive the discussion to conclusions and actions.
- You can communicate across all organization levels with emphases on technical writing, formal documentation, oral presentations, and translating technical concepts into easily digestible pieces.
- You want to join a team that is on the mission to provide cutting edge solutions to cyber security practitioners worldwide.
- You have the ability to work with agile methodology under a fast pace work environment
- You will foster a healthy and collaborative culture, serve as an embodiment of our values and lead the team to deliver prompt resolutions to customer reported issues.
Education & Experience:
- S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Machine Learning, or a related discipline.
- CISSP or comparable security certifications
- Deep understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, etc.).
- Deep understanding of network and operating system security.
- Expertise and experience in applications of machine learning or statistics for anomaly detection, cyber threat detection, or fraud detection.
- Expertise and experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Spark, and Scala.
- Operational experience with SIEM, IPS, IDS, DLP and other security products, malware static and dynamic analysis
- Industry experience managing and working with petabytes of data
- Development experience working on machine learning with Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL and other related large-scale data platforms
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis, experience with mining large data sets, and delivering statistical and predictive models in statistical environment (e.g. SQL, R, SAS, SPSS, Weka, Tableau, Arcadia Data, Business Objects)