Even when IT professionals and security analysts seem to be doing everything right, breaches are still occurring at record scale because security operations is fundamentally broken. Before analysts can even begin, they’re placed into an environment that is not set up to allow them to succeed.
Why is that?
In our experience, we see that:
- Analysts have too much data — most of our customers are dealing with data in tens of terabytes — so they are in danger of missing critical alerts.
- Security analysts have no way to quickly and accurately prioritize alerts or understand which alerts are related.
- There is no way for analysts to quickly detect unknown threats without an army of in-house researchers and analysts.
- Legacy security equipment and systems just don’t work as well anymore against attacker innovation.
E8 can help to fix these problems seen in the Security Operations Center (SOC). We can transform security operations from a reactive function mired in inefficiencies, to a proactive team of cyber defenders able to detect, hunt, and, respond to threats at their early stages, before a breach is successful.
This is why we created the E8 Security Fusion Platform and adopted the motto, “Follow the behavior, find the threat.” The Fusion Platform — combining Entity Fusion, Signal Fusion, and Data Fusion features — automates the learning of user and device behaviors to discover malicious activity previously unknown to security analysts.
The Fusion Platform is the future of threat detection
Through the Fusion Platform, security operations teams are able to find threats faster by following their organization’s overall behavioral patterns and comparing them against patterns associated with today’s most advanced threats through machine learning, such as compromised systems, stolen credentials and privileged access abuse. The result is faster investigations which transforms the SOC from reactive to proactive.
That shift from reactive to proactive doesn’t happen on its own, which is why the Fusion Platform includes these key features to give SOC teams an advantage in tackling would-be breaches before they become crises:
- Advanced Threat Detection – By connecting suspicious behaviors, the Fusion Platform surfaces hidden threats well before any threat intel feeds.
- Retrospective Analysis – The Fusion Platform can look backwards in time by consuming historical log data to let you know what has been going on inside your organization for months or even years.
- One-click Search and Filter – Advanced threat detection isn’t worth much if SOC teams must spend hours searching for the evidence needed to triage. The Fusion Platform makes all data that went into a behavior detection easy to access. Plus, analysts don’t need to learn a complicated query language to search through them to find what they’re looking for.
- Cuts Investigation Time from Hours to Minutes – This is the driving force behind every feature within the Fusion Platform, and the very point of its existence: to make the SOC team’s life easier and time-to-detection shorter so analysts can stop successful breaches before real damage is done.
- Unsupervised Machine Learning – The Fusion Platform learns your network and all the nuances of internal groups and individual users and machines automatically. There are no rules to create or maintain, or arbitrary thresholds to tweak to reduce false positives.
- Scalable Big Data Platform – Because it’s built on Hadoop, the Fusion Platform is able to process and store an insane amount of data. SOC teams don’t have to decide what data to feed into the platform and what to retain… keep it all, use it all!